Workshop / Overview
In this workshop, a short introduction will be given that discusses the main outlier detection methods (from the classic LOF to modern algorithms such as Isolation Forest and autoencoders) and appropriate metrics for highly imbalanced datasets.
Then, participants will be given unlabelled datasets to make predictions on. Scores will be compared on a leader board, with the emphasis on comparing techniques.
Workshop / Outcome
After the workshop, participants will:
- Know the main algorithms for unsupervised outlier detection, and their pros and cons
- Understand what scoring metrics may be used for highly imbalanced classification, and how these relate to business costs
- Have gained practical experience doing outlier analysis in Python
Workshop / Difficulty
Workshop / Prerequisites
- Intermediate Python skills
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning concepts
- Laptop with internet access (teams of two may be formed), a Google account for colab, alternatively Docker with downloaded image or with correct Python packages installed (see instructions in the Github page).
Track / Co-organizers
A Conceptual Introduction to Reinforcement Learning
With Kevin Smeyers, Katrien Van Meulder & Bram Vandendriessche09:00-12:30 January 251ABC
Applied Machine Learning with R
With Dirk Wulff, Markus Steiner & Michael Schulte-Mecklenbeck09:00-17:00 January 25Foyer 6