Workshop / Overview
Intelligent voice assistants do not require compromising privacy!
In this workshop you will discover Snips' environment and the best practices for building a robust and private-by-design voice assistant. That is, an assistant which performs all voice recognition on device and sends none of your voice data to the cloud 🗣️❌☁️
- How to create a voice assistant in the Snips' Console.
- How to install your assistant on a Raspberry Pi. We're coming with a bunch of Maker Kits!
- How to code a Python program to react to what the assistant understands.
- How to create a multi-turn dialogue interaction + connect devices (e.g. Philips Hue bulb) + connect to web APIs.
Workshop / Outcome
By the end of the workshop, participants will be familiar with Snips' ecosystem and how to build a private-by-design voice assistant on a Raspberry Pi.
Workshop / Difficulty
Workshop / Prerequisites
- Create an account on the Snips Console with the promo code "SnipsLovesAMLD"
- Bring a laptop, preferably MacOS or Linux. With Windows, you can still create the voice assistant, but installing it on the Raspberry Pi will be more complicated as you need to be able to SSH
- If possible, pre-install SAM (Snips assistant manager)
- We will guide you through all the (Python) programming so you do not need experience with code!
- You can find a sneak-peak (of part) of the workshop here 😉
Track / Co-organizers
TensorFlow Basics 2019 – Saturday
With Bartek Wołowiec, Megan Ruthven, Ruslan Habalov & Andreas Steiner09:00-16:30 January 26