Workshop / Overview
Usage of R is inevitable if one wants to step in or is already in the world of data science. It possess excellent graphical power as well as developed algorithm for machine learning applications. Moreover, now it is possible to leverage the advantages of R and Python to provide companies and other institutions with powerful actionable insights.
Workshop / Outcome
This crash course will provide participants with basic logic how R can be used for machine learning and how this programming language can be exploited no matter what industry they are in. After some basic coverage of R language and introduction of basic ML vocabulary, the content will be as follows:
- A word on R, machine learning, and R4ML
- Application of R for ML across the industries and various fields of science
- Matrix algebra in R (practical session)
- Supervised and unsupervised learning: How can R help?
- Limitations of R for ML
- Leveraging strengths of R and Python
- Let´s code together: clustering techniques in R (practical session)
Workshop / Difficulty
Workshop / Prerequisites
Some basic knowledge of R or any other programming language would be an advantage but not a requirement.
Track / Co-organizers
TensorFlow Basics 2019 – Saturday
With Bartek Wołowiec, Megan Ruthven, Ruslan Habalov & Andreas Steiner09:00-16:30 January 26