Workshop / Overview
The workshop will demonstrate the basic principles of Remote Sensing and how it can be used in real life applications. It is split in two streams:
We share basic concepts and typical Remote Sensing hands-on (Jupyter Notebook) examples.
- Intro in remote sensing & applications in insurance
- Hands on basic concepts and data types
- Classify Land Use teaser example
- Experimentation with Google Earth Engine
- Dive deeper in Remote Sensing with snow-cloud discrimination example
We would not like to keep experts in the room bored.
Let's hack together solutions on object detections and farm boundaries.
Teams with best solutions might be considered for further collaboration.
Workshop / Outcome
- Basic concepts of image processing in the context of remote sensing
- Technological challenges and relevant best practices
- Potential of Remote Sensing in real life applications, like in the insurance world
Workshop / Difficulty
Workshop / Prerequisites
- own laptop + basic programming skills
- register yourself at google earth engine before coming to the workshop
Workshop GitHub repo: https://github.com/tsarouch/AMLD_2019/
- Workshop Google Earth Engine repo: https://code.earthengine.google.com/?accept_repo=users/bernhard/AMLD
- Workshop challenge: https://github.com/tsarouch/AMLD_2019/tree/master/Challenge
Track / Co-organizers
TensorFlow Basics 2019 – Saturday
With Bartek Wołowiec, Megan Ruthven, Ruslan Habalov & Andreas Steiner09:00-16:30 January 26