Workshop / Overview
⚠️ If you wish to participate to this workshop, please add your e-mail address in this sheet so we can add you to an online workspace on Preset, where you will be able to work with the datasets provided. ⚠️
Are you a data scientist or machine learning engineer who regularly makes useful analyses for business stakeholders? Would you like to learn how you can visualise those results optimally and deliver your message to have the most impact? Then this is the course for you.
First, we will teach you how explanatory analysis differs from the exploratory data analysis you do every day. Then, we will teach you the basics of designing data visualisations. We will discuss the following principles:
- Gestalt principles of visual perception
- Use of pre-attentive attributes
- Best practices for visual analytics (including chart types, appropriate use of colours, interactivity etc.)
- Storytelling principles
We will also go into how you can use those visuals to build your data story.
You will apply the learned techniques yourself either alone or in a small group. You will do case studies on how to properly visualise and communicate the results of a data analysis. We will bring sample datasets for participants to work on. The final step of the case studies will be a review and discussion of the results you created. You will get feedback from our visualisation and data storytelling experts.
Attendees can bring / use their visualisation tool of choice, or they can start from prepared templates.
Workshop / Outcome
Attendees will learn:
- Basic principles and visual best practices for creating easy to read, easy to understand data visualisations that bring across the main message
- How a bad visualisation can be turned into an effective one
- Common pitfalls to omit when communicating on data
- How to bring across the final communications in different formats (report, presentation, dashboard)
Workshop / Difficulty
Workshop / Prerequisites
Bring a laptop and visualisation tool or package of choice.
⚠️ Please add your e-mail address in this sheet so we can add you to an online workspace on Preset, where you will be able to work with the datasets provided. ⚠️
Track / Co-organizers
MLOps on AWS: a Hands-On Tutorial
With Gabriele Mazzola, Emanuele Fabbiani, Marco Paruscio, Matteo Moroni, Marta Peroni & Gabriele Orlandi09:00-13:00 March 262ABC
Close the Gap between Proof-of-Concept and Data Science Product
With Dimira Petrova, Antoni Ivanov & Dako Dakov10:00-16:00 March 263BC