Workshop / Overview
The workshop is designed by Google researchers as an introduction to recommendation systems. It covers the basics of recommendation, and a deep dive into some of the commonly used models, including matrix factorization and neural embedding models. A hands-on coding session will allow participants to train and evaluate a movie recommendation system.
Workshop / Outcome
- An understanding of how to formulate and train a recommendation problem.
- Hands-on experience training a simple but functional movie recommendation model.
- Experience with inspecting and evaluating recommendation models.
- A self-contained python notebook that can be used as a sandbox for experimenting.
Workshop / Difficulty
Workshop / Prerequisites
• Basic knowledge of machine learning terminology, familiarity with Python for the coding sections.
• Helpful but not required: familiarity with TensorFlow.
• Laptops and internet access. The code/data will be available online.
Track / Co-organizers
Moroccan Darija Wikipedia: Basics of Natural Language Processing for a Low-Resource Language
With Ihsane Gryech, Khalil Mrini, Abdelhak Mahmoudi, Anass Sedrati & Imane Khaouja16:00-22:00 September 04Online - Socio
Fundamentals of Accelerated Data Science with RAPIDS [NVIDIA]
With Manal Jalloul10:00-14:00 September 04Online - Socio