AMLD EPFL 2021/ FAQs
What language are the talks and workshops in?
All conference talks and workshops are given in English.
Do you offer scholarships or grants for the event?
Unfortunately, as a public and non for profit event, we cannot offer scholarship or travel support to participants. However, we’re offering reduced students, academic, non-profit and startups prices for the event.
Where do I find my ticket upon purchase?
Your ticket will be sent to you via email from our ticketing platform called Ti.To, you will also receive an automatic email with details on how to connect to Socio the event platform.
What COVID-19 measures do you have in place for the events happening physically?
According to the measures given by the Federal Council and EPFL, the AMLD organising committee has decided on the following:
- September 28-29 and October 26 workshop days will happen physically on EPFL Campus.
- Workshop tickets for these dates are sold for a specific workshop, not simply for the day as previous years.
- If you have any COVID symptoms, please stay at home and contact us! We will refund your ticket.
- All attendees must present a COVID certificate upon arrival to the venue – this can be a proof of full vaccination or recovery, or negative PCR or rapid antigen test. Only official documents that have been issued by or recognized by the Federal Council will be authorized (self-tests are not accepted).
- Upon arrival to the venue, face masks must be worn, social distancing must be kept at all times and you will need to disinfect your hands. After the COVID certificate checkpoint, you will be allowed to remove your face mask in the venue.
- There will be hand sanitiser available throughout the venue.
- Lunch is not included in this years workshop tickets, you will receive information about where you can have lunch on the EPFL campus prior to the event.
Any further questions or uncertainties about the current restrictions, you can find EPFL specific regulations here, Canton Vaud directives here.
What happens if the rules change and the workshops aren't hosted on site anymore?
We will give you the choice to either transfer your ticket for an online workshops session (same or different workshop) or a full refund.
How do I connect to Socio?
Once your ticket is purchased, you'll be able to login to the Socio platform via this link. Please ensure that you use the same email address that you used when purchasing your ticket.
Can I pay by invoice or wire transfer?
Unfortunately the event only offers the possibility of paying by credit card as we use Stripe to handle the payments and it is directly linked to our ticketing system (Tito). Handling manual offers, invoicing, payment confirmation and generating tickets takes up large amounts of time and we do not have the resources to do this due to the scale of the event.
I need a proper invoice, what do I do?
Our ticketing system issues proper invoices and you can edit all the detail, even after you have bought the ticket through a link in the confirmation email.
Can I reassign a ticket?
Yes! You received emails for your original purchase that contain links that allow you to assign tickets to any person of your choosing.
I want to partner or sponsor, how?
We’d be happy to have you! You can find more information about sponsoring the conference on our partnership page.
Are the talks going to be published as videos?
Yes, over at https://www.youtube.com/c/AppliedMachineLearningDays
Where can I find presentations or workshop materials?
You will be able to find the videos and slides of the speakers who agreed to share them under each track/session on the tracks & talks page.
Additionally, you can find workshop materials (GitHub repos and slides) on respective workshop page.
Do you still have questions?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.